Friday, February 8, 2013

Second Generation Immigrants

I found this article from website http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/02/07/second-generation-immigrants-improve/1899607/. This article seems to relate most students that are second generation immigrants. It's quite true that the second-generation immigrants seems to be a lot more educated as well as well spoken than their parents.
It's great for those immigrants that are receiving benefits as well as services once they become citizens. It's not, however for most such as Rep. Lamar Smith from Texas. He stated that by "legalizing the immigrants would cause taxpayers millions of dollars."
However, he president believes otherwise. In summary to the President's argument, he believes that by legalizing them, they will be a net plus to the nation's economy. According to the Pew Research Center, they stated that the immigrants will be the "heart of America's working age."
What can be concluded to this article?
I, however consider myself as a second generation immigrant. Although I was not born here, I came here at an early age. My father had adopted me, and married my mother. I take pride of this country. I do not take it for granted, but rather learn more about it. I do care when those that are "living" in this country do not respect it, nor want to educate themselves, when benefits are handed to them.
" The good things of life are produced by learning with hard work; the bad reaped of their own accord, without hard work." - Democritus

No comments: